Tuesday, November 24, 2009

First holiday commission of 2009

This is Amber, and she belongs to a friend of mine whom I met on the URI Equestrian Team while in college. Jill treated herself to this custom drawing. She's a woman after my own heart-if we want something, we go out there and get it! I hope she enjoys this drawing for many years to come.

I had the best time drawing this. It has been so long since I got out my nice Bristol paper and fancy pencils, because I have been concentrating so much on the photography side of this business. Normally I'll have to start a drawing, put it down and come back to it in an hour or so, place all my dark values, leave it overnight, come back to it in the morning, place medium values, etc, but I was so content shading away that I produced the entire drawing all in one four hour sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment