Saturday, March 13, 2010

Art inspired by my horse, Lucy

Forward

The weather here has been dull and dreary, and the horses are stuck inside thanks to the 2-4" of predicted rain for this weekend. I let Lucy out into the indoor to play and she had tons of extra energy. She spent almost half an hour running and bucking and playing, and when I got home from the barn, I was thinking about the way she moved today. I had this mental image of her tearing around, her haunches spring-loaded for action and her ears pricked foward, looking for the best route.

I also had been thinking a lot about forward energy, and how the energy for a horse comes from behind and goes in a circular motion, making its way through the horses back, shoulder, up the neck, through the jaw and then back towards the haunches again. I drew this tonight while the image was fresh in my mind and now I have to figure out how I'm going to finish it.

In the mean time, enjoy the work-in-progress, a memento of twenty-five minutes of orchestrated chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment