Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good cameras and great friends

Having beautiful friends is always lovely, but having beautiful friends who are willing to walk along train tracks in high heels and splash around in the Atlantic Ocean in New England in late fall really makes my life so wonderful and my job really easy.



Meet Vanessa. We were partners at a private ambulance company I worked for before devoting myself entirely to my desk job. She always reminded me of Zooey Deschanel, with her big blue eyes, creamy skin, and dark hair. I was thrilled when she agreed to let me take some photos of her, and we set out to do just that this past Sunday.

We started out right in front of my apartment, on a big stone wall.

Then we moved to some near-by train tracks, where I asked her to please not break her ankle while balancing on the skinny track in high heeled boots. Luckily she is nimble and graceful, and there were no incidents! I was secretly glad to be behind the camera because I surely wouldn't have been so well-balanced.

Then we hopped into my car and drove to where I knew there was a lone train car, just chilling in a parking lot by the local Walmart. Strange? Probably. Awesome? Definitley.





After that, we made our way to a near-by graveyard because I had been admiring the leaves on the ground. A graveyard seems like a creepy place to go to take photos, but they are always well-groomed and open to the public, and there are usually nice trees everywhere.






Our last stop was the beach. The water this time of year isn't exactly pleasant, but she was a trooper and tried her best to look like she could still feel her toes :)





Thanks Vanessa!

No comments:

Post a Comment